miércoles, 2 de noviembre de 2011

Prefix and Suffix

So...Good evening ladies and gentleman addict to blogger.com, Welcome again to my humble blog about graphic designer and more, I need to update you about what's been going on this days...So, I'm going to make many cosplays for next month and I have a grupal cosplay for next year, which maybe my boyfriend will join me and some friends! HOW NICE~<333...Many works for University, and still in my job, I'm also going to learn Japanese next year, I'm so excited! <3, and still very tired...anyway, let's go to the thing that matters, today I'm going to talk you about Prefix and Suffix...So WHAT ARE THEY?

What is a suffix?

A suffix is a word ending. It is a group of letters you can add to the end of a root word*
e.g. walking, helpful

*A root word stands on its own as a word, but you can make new words from it by adding beginnings (prefixes) and endings (suffixes).
For example, 'comfort' is a root word. By adding the prefix 'dis' and the suffix 'able' you can make new words such as 'discomfort' and 'comfortable'.

What is a Prefix?

A prefix is a group of letters which you can add to the beginning of a root word* to change the meaning of the word. e.g. mis + fortune = misfortune

*A root word stands on its own as a word but you can make new words from it by adding beginnings (prefixes) and endings (suffixes).
For example, 'comfort' is a root word. By adding the prefix 'dis' and the suffix 'able' you can make new words such as 'discomfort' and 'comfortable'.


 So now we make that clear, we have also a game that my teacher put in her blog, I did great, until I reach the part of words with prefix and suffix at the same word x'D jajaja!, I need practice and learn morex3...So I let you the link if you want to practice :)


Information bring it to you from my english teacher Doris Molero,
If you want to play this game click HERE


That's all for today, See you next time, and remember:

"You're special in your own way, don't let anyone ever change that :)"
Patz Elric

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario